Friday, June 5, 2009

RAAM Here I come!

Soon I will be on a 15 mph adventure across the country with Team ViaSat.  The 2009 RAAM starts here in Oceanside on the 20th of June and according to the team they should be finished by noon on the 26th and that is in Annapolis Maryland.
When 2009 rolled around I was initially supposed to be crewing for Navy SEAL and Endurance maniac David Goggins but an unfortunate heart surgery required he postpone his RAAM plans until next year. So when, Ryan Denner, a member of the Team needed a crew member I was happy to fill the space. 
This Sunday, we plan on meeting up for a long ride to practice the exchanges that will take place as the riders leap frog their way across the country. This will be interesting to see and I am really excited to take part. Plus, I need to get an idea of what will be happening out on the roads of America.
This race will be full of surprises I am sure and from what I've heard the combination of sleep deprivation and the effort will bring out the best and worst of everybody, I just hope I don't see little elves crossing the road, apparently the riders will. Great.

It will be exciting and I hope to be able to update my blog while on the road. Stay tuned.

Below is the link to the RAAM website. For those interested you can track the various participants as they ride across to Annapolis.

http://www.raceacrossamerica.org/raam/home.php?N_webcat_id=1

1 comment:

felipetri said...

dood, very nice blog!